Wistla is committed to protecting your personal information when using our Service and we create safe and pleasant settings for everyone.
In order to provide you with our Service, we may need to collect information about you and this page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it, how Wistla protects such data and what choices you have on how that information is used.
In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Wistla Limited registered at Companies House under number 09195443.
- WISTLA may collect and process the following data about you:
Visitors to our Service may browse some areas of our website at wistla.com, the Site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. Visitors to our App may browse some areas of the App, without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
We may track information provided to us by your browser, including the Site you came from (known as the referring URL), any Wistla online advertisements located on third party websites that you may have clicked on to access the Site, the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you.
In some cases you must register to access portions of the Site and App.
In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our Web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Wistla may use Web server and browser information to individually customise its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- Information we may collect when you register:
Access or sign up to our Service, activities or online content, such as our App, newsletters, live chats, message boards, or creation of an account using our Service online registration system may result in us receiving personal information about you.
When visitors register to use the Service, they are asked to provide identifying information. This may consist of information such as your name, gender, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity. On our registration screen, we label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. Our Site and/or App will obtain your consent before collecting personally identifiable information.
Our Service is not intended or designed to attract people under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from site visitors under the age of 16.
Wistla will make effort to limit the collection, use and holding of your information that we require to deliver exceptional service to you, which includes,
- Advising you about our products, newsletters, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business and/or provide you with relevant info, products or services that you have requested.
- To ensure that our Service content is presented in the most effective way for you and your accessing devices.
- To present your Wistla profile and/or posting(s) to the general public or users.
- To permit the us to allow your Wistla profile and/or posting(s) to be included in search engines.
- To allow your activity to be visible to others, subject to your personal settings.
- To allow users to exchange details with each other, which may include the disclosure of personal information.
- Parts of your Wistla profile, messages, or posting(s) may feature in our Service for marketing functions.
- To fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of, or log your communication.
- To notify you about changes to any and all the Service.
- To use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to send you info about goods and services, which may be of interest to you and we, or they, may contact you about these by e-mail or SMS. Additionally, we may sometimes send offers or information to selected groups of users. To accomplish this, we may use third parties working on behalf of us.
- In relation to IP addresses, we may collect information about your computer or laptop (or other such processor), including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- We will take reasonable steps to safeguard any information you share with us. We store the information you provide about yourself in a database in order to provide you with the information you request. The information is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you request that it be removed, and such removal is in accordance with applicable laws.
- All information as provided by you to us will be kept on our secure servers. Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site and/or app, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential and not to share your Wistla password with any third parties.
- Not withstanding all our efforts to secure your info, we remind you that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Wistla is therefore unable to guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our Service; any transmission of your data is at your own risk.
- You of course have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking nominated sections on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- THIRD PARTIES: WISTLA may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below,
- Companies and people who work for us: Wistla contracts with other companies and individuals to help us provide the Service.
- To contact you in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our Service.
- Please note that we will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertising partners, but we may give them collective info about our user base. We may also use such info to help advertisers reach a more tailored audience.
- If you do not wish Wistla to use your data in any of the above stated ways, or to pass your personal details on to any third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on our Welcome Email, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
- Furthermore, under the Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such request made to Wistla may be subject to a fee of £10 in order to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you.
- Wistla may release your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Wistla Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- Except as described above, Wistla will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent reasonably necessary,
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions, to technically process your information and to determine the effectiveness of our projects.
- To protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others.
- To take precautions against liability.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Service. If you upload or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Services otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Service.
- Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your actions.
- To the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process.
- To the enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, as applicable.
Cookies, log files, and pixel-tags (Web beacons) are technologies that could be used by the Site to identify a user as the user moves through the Site, or as the user clicks on a Wistla online advertisement located on a third party website.
Your Web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, Web sites that are cookie-enabled will not recognise you when you return to the Web site, and some Web site functionality may be lost. On occasion, we contract with third parties to place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Although cookies do not normally contain personally identifiable information, if you have provided us information about you, we may associate your registration information with cookies or other tracking utilities our Web site places on your computer’s hard drive.
By using our Service, you consent to our collection and use of your information as described above, but we will continuously assess its practices to ensure that your privacy is respected.